Apply for Services

You may be wondering what services are available to you when you apply for child support. We are here to help you as you set up a child support order, establish parentage or make sure an existing order is enforced. Unlike private attorneys, the Colorado Child Support Services (CSS) Program can help enforce child support orders through credit reporting, tax and payment intercepts, driver’s license/recreational license suspensions and more.  
CSS supervises the state’s child support system. However, each Colorado county manages individual child support cases based on state requirements and county guidelines.
The following steps will guide you through the process of applying for child support. If you need help, click on the Contact Us link at the top of every page of this website.
The instructions below are specific to Colorado. If you’d like to start a case in another state, this website provides contact information for all state and territory child support offices.
Step One: To start a child support case, contact the county child support office closest to where you live to learn what’s required. You can search for your county office in the Find County Offices button.
Step Two: County child support offices require an application to begin a child support case. You can access the application for child support services here. There are three ways to apply:

  1. Start an online application.
  2. Print an application for child support services.
  3. Request an application directly from a county child support office.

At this time, you cannot submit an application for child support online. After you complete the application, please print and sign it. Then take the application to your county child support office with any other documents requested and the $20 application fee.

If you receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the $20 fee does not apply to you. You will automatically be connected to a county child support office to process your application. If you have never received TANF and you have received at least $500 in child support during this federal year (October – September of the next calendar year), you will also be charged a service fee of $25.
If you are experiencing financial problems, please contact your county child support office to learn more about payment options.